Trunk Or Treat


Last night was our church Trunk or Treat activity. It was so much fun! I guess I didn't realize all that went into Trunk or Treats. We decorated the back of our car with cobwebs, pumpkins, spiders, and other creepy things. The kids all had fun running around from car to car getting candy with all of their friends and parents just hung out and socialized. Whoever came up with this idea was a GENIUS.
After the candy distribution we went inside and had a huge chili dinner. There were so many different kinds, it was hard to choose! Justin and I's was DELICIOUS. Sadly we did not win the competition- lame. After dinner they had a costume parade. I helped Emily walk around the gym with the other kids. She thought it was really fun. She smiled, squealed, and waved to all of the people. She even did a great job walking with me only holding onto one of her arms. Sadly again Emily did not win the costume contest- lame-o. The final event of the evening was games for the kids. Justin and I ran a bean-bag booth. I have to admit I was a little annoyed when Justin told me he signed us up to run a booth (I just wanted to eat and hang out, not work), but it ended up really funny to watch the kids and Emily loved to play with the bean bags so she was entertained the whole time. All in all it was a great Halloween party!

Comments

Us Bailey's said…
How fun! I love Emily's costume! That's adorable! Trunk or Treats great our ward had done them a lot in the past- They say if your 5 minutes late you will miss out on it all!
camille & coryn said…
so what are you and justin supposed to be, besides parents to the most adorable ladybug ever...
Emily is so adorable! I love the costume! I always loved Trunk-or-Treating. Maybe I'll go hit some up this year...haha.

P.S. We are so sad you're missing our Halloween Party :(. You of course have an honorary invitation.

P.P.S. I am pretty sure we will be going to Disneyland like Jan 2 or so. We'll have to see if we can hook up!
Love her costume! You did a great job... I should probably start planning for next year :)

Popular Posts