Splish Splash I Love Taking A Bath


This is just a little note to express my love for bath time! It is a good 20 minutes where Emily is sure to entertain herself. With a little help from a few little toys the bathtub transfers to this new exciting little world. Every day around 7:15 we head up for the bath tub. Emily knows what is going on as soon as we get into the bathroom. She doesn't cry or fight as I try to take her clothes off, in fact she even helps as much as she can. She loves to be in the tub as the water fills up, running her fingers through the pouring water. Once she has all of the water she is going to get the festivities begin. One of her favorite activities are swimming on her belly. She slides back and forth. She use to do little 360's on her tummy, but she is too long now and gets stuck half way through. She likes to lay on her back and kick- this doesn't really last very long before she flips herself back over. She likes to stand up and sit down and stand up and sit down over and over and over again. I have to remove all of the soap, shampoo, anything or else because she likes to stand up and shimmy herself around knocking whatever she can into the water. Her lastest activity is playing peek-a-boo with me from behind the shower door. She laughes so hard during this game (it is probably my favorite to0). Now that she is getting bigger she tells me she is done by trying to climb out of the tub by herself. She can't do it yet, but it is really cool to watch her try and figure it out. Once she is out of the tub she gets wrapped up tight in a towel. A naked baby wrapped up in a towel is in my opinion the most adorable thing in the entire world. Whether a new born or a 10 month old, it is so sweet. Anyways, I know this is a lot of writing for such a simple thing, but I am trying to journal more about little Em's life and bathing really is a fun time for her, so sorry if it bored you, but we have some good times every night with the rubber duckies, squirty animals, and her glow in the dark dinosaur.

Comments

Ryan and Missy- said…
That is an amazing picture. It's SO clear, even when I enlarged it. FRAMEWORTHY!!
L said…
I LOVE that picture!! Her eyes... gosh, she is gorgeous!!

Popular Posts