Morning at the Zoo

We have been enjoying some beautiful weather here on the east coast so I decided to take advantage of it and spend the morning at the zoo with Emily. Of course the zoo is more fun with friends so Emmalee and Ezra came with us.

I will start with the most disgusting part of the trip. The Gorillas. I am sure that they know they are in a zoo and because their lives are miserable they have to do wacky things. Last time we were at the zoo one of them charged at the glass at a bunch of little kids making them all scream, and another was breast feeding it's baby. Obviously the baby had to eat, and it was kind of cool to see animals doing it, but the kids thought it was pretty crazy. Today; however, was just downright N.A.S.T.Y. While the kids are watching the gorillas lounge around one comes over and picks up a large of piece of pooh. It proceeds to play around with it, and then EAT it. My pregnant self is totally gagging at this point. THEN- It takes it out of its mouth and smears it ALL OVER the window. I snap this picture, but can barely look because I am so grossed out. The kids thought it was awesome. Those gorillas, they always put on a show.
(Here is Emily being a gorilla)

I also don't know where this zoo got its lion from, but man they scored. The last two times we've been to the zoo he will sit up like he is in this picture, stand up, walk around, and roar a lot. It's fun to see an animal actually move around and make noise as oppose to just lounge.
The zebras were a big hit today. Mostly because they were close to the fence. Here is the best shot I could get of Emily and Ezra today. It is so hard to get a shot of the two of them looking AND smiling. They both really wanted to feed the zebra some grass that they picked, and were pretty sad when they couldn't get close enough to feed it. Oh well. I didn't get a good picture, but there was a 3 week old zebra. He was pretty cute.


Mornings like this are what make me so happy to be a mom. I love spending quality time with Emily doing fun things!!

Comments

Popular Posts