Labor Day Opening Social

On Labor Day our ward had its opening social. We have only been here a few weeks, but we really love our ward so naturally we were really excited. The theme was "County Fair" and there was a pie making contest. Justin particularly enjoys contests so I signed him up. I'm not the biggest pie fan, but I do like chocolate pie, so I signed up to make sure there was at least one chocolate pie there for me to eat. Here are lovely photos of our pies. Neither of us won "Best Pie", but I did have high standings in Best Looking and Most Calories per Bite. Pretty impressive since it was a pie from a box :)


And of course, here is Emily's collage looking rather gorgeous. They have peppermint lemons for the kids. They just stuck a piece of peppermint in the lemon and sucked away. Good thing Justin is going to be a dentist because I think this one time thing could possibly have left permanent damage.

Posted by Picasa


Along with delicious food, there were fair games. Here are pictures of Emily helping Justin at the tug of war and to the side, Justin and our friend Bob working together to lose miserably at the three legged race. Just kidding, they did great.


Posted by Picasa

Comments

Fun way to spend your birthday! I am enthralled by that peppermint lemon idea...So does some of the lemon juice leak out and mix with the peppermint? Interesting...

And now I want some chocolate pie. YUM!

Lindsey

Popular Posts