Happy Valentines Day!!

Ah Valentines Day. The day of Love. I love Valentines Day. I haven't always. It's not that I was bitter and boycotted it, I just never really cared too much about it. However, I really like it now. It is such a fun concept- appreciate the Love you have and receive from your family and friends. I think it really is a great holiday. (Granted I don't appreciate upping the price in flowers and secret demands from spouses for perfect gifts. That is lame, but the message behind the holiday is good.) Okay enough ranting.

This year I wanted to do something nice for Justin. He is the sweetest husband and dad and really was deserving of some loving. So I decided to surprise him with a fun-focus-on-him valentines date this year. I planned for us to go to an Anaheim Ducks hockey game. I wasn't going to tell him where we were going and just shock him. Unfortunately I blew the surprise by checking my email next to him and a reminder about my hockey game email was in the inbox. Oops. However, we still had a marvelous time! I love spending time with my sweetheart. (Special thanks to Grandpa Kris for being the babysitter for the evening.)



Of course Justin can not just let me spoil him, he has to spoil me as well. He did it perfectly by surprising me with a bouquet of chocolate covered fruit, beautiful roses, and a strawberry creme cake. YUM. (My next post is going to be me trying to burn off calories). Anyways, it was a wonderful valentine celebration in our family this year. I sure am lucky to have so many wonderful people to love!!

Comments

Popular Posts