Ouchee!!

For Christmas Kody received a pretty fun present. It is called and Indo Board and it is a balance trainer. I had never seen or heard of this before we saw one at Justin's cousins' house. Basically there is a roller underneath a board and you stand on the board and try to balance. I personally stay away from it because I know any attempts will be disastrous. However; Kody is excellent and Justin and Kathy have fun on it too. So that is the background information.


So last night we were having a nice evening- Kathy was cooking dinner, I was scrapbooking, Kati was watching tv, Kody was sleeping, Kris was in the office I think, and Justin and Emily were playing. Justin was practicing his Indo Board moves and saw Emily crawling over towards him. He went to get off the board (we all know the Indo Board and Emily don't mix that well), slipped and sadly fell right onto Emily's little size 3 foot. Oh the cry, the instant swelling, and the dark bruising. Luckily for us we know a little snuggling, a pacifier, and Signing Time movies go a long way for her. We iced her foot for a while and luckily a lot of the swelling and discoloration went down. An hour later she was walking, playing, crawling, laughing, and eating just like normal. What a trooper!

Comments

L said…
Ouch - that looks painful!! She is such a sweet baby!
Us Bailey's said…
Oh, poor Emily! I'm glad she's doing okay! I can't believe she will watch movies-- can she come teach Joel!!!!
Shannon said…
Oh, my gosh, poor baby! That looks so painful! Lucky babies are so resilient and their bones aren't fully grown together, too. :)
Julie Barnes said…
Poor girl! That looks like it hurt A LOT! I hope her foot gets better fast. :)
Ouchee look so right! My foot squirms when I look at that photo.
ouch! She must be tough if she forgot about it an hour later.

Popular Posts