I Love You

Emily had her first crush when she was 2.5. It was pretty funny to me, because she had lots of friends who were boys, but there was something different about one. One day she even said, "I am going to be a princess and Kimball will be my prince." Then in preschool word got out that her and a boy were smooching and Justin and I put the kabosh on that. Then there was an actual wedding ceremony that took place during playtime one preschool morning, and the rest of the year all of the kids recognized Emily and the friend as married. Anywho- we've had this lovey stuff in our lives for a while. Luckily things are turning around a little bit.

I was going through my phone one day and found a video Emily took of her playing with one of her friends. They were new friends and they were being really goofy. All of a sudden this interaction takes place:

Boy:"Emily, I love you."
Emily:"what?! You're weird! Oh, what's your name again?"

I think I am going to keep the video forever.

Today Emily was playing with one of her boy friends. They are eating a snack and this is what I overhear:

Boy:" Emily, I wish I could be you."
Emily:" why?"
Boy:" because I love you."
Emily: "seriously, you're weird."

That's my girl.

Comments

Haha! What a cute girl. One day she will laugh so hard at this story!

Lindsey
Eevi said…
that is hilarious!

Popular Posts