Waterfall hike with the BOWLINGS!!!


Did you ever have a very best friend who moved away and you didn't know if or when you would get to see them again? Well, Emily did. His name is Ezra and he is Emily's BEST friend. His parents happened to be our great friends too, so when Bob graduated and they moved to Gridley, CA we were all a little bummed (to say the least). Emily had a hard time for weeks understanding that Ezra wouldn't be at the park, couldn't come to play, and wasn't going to be at church. I myself have always been the mover, not the moved on, so I was pretty sad about the whole ordeal as well.

Anyways.. we knew the Bowlings' were going to be driving from St. George back to Gridley about the time we would be in June Lake. So naturally we mapquested it and turns out June Lake is pretty darn close to the route they would take. I texted EmmaLee and of course they would make the slight detour to have a little reunion.

The best part was that I didn't tell Emily they were coming. When they got to Connie's house I told Emily that Daddy had a surprise for her downstairs. We went down, Emily having no idea what to expect. Ezra walked through the door and Emily's eyes got big and for a moment she acted very shy- then she pounced. She pretty much tackled the poor kid. I knew it was going to be a cute reunion, so I planned on videoing, but it was too dark in the hallway to get a good shot. The two of them went NUTS. They were so excited. It really was special. When it was time to go to bed I PROMISED Emily that Ezra would be there in the morning. Emily woke up earlier and seriously asked me probably every 5 minutes when Ezra was going to wake up.

When they did wake up we took them on a tour around the resort and then put Lyla down for a nap. That was when the real fun began. We took them on a hike up to the waterfalls. It was a little rough for the kids, but with some daddy help, it was all good.

My strong hikers :)




Justin cooling off a little bit.
Emily, showing off her mad rock climbing shoes.
A cute Daddy and Emily shot.

Comments

EmmaLee said…
It was so GOOD to see you guys. My one regret was that we could not stay longer. Thanks for putting us up in such a nice place. We will have to repay the favor sometime when we get a rich Grandma.

Popular Posts