Fun Filled Weekend Part 2: Niagra Falls

The morning after the pageant we woke up and headed to Niagra Falls with the Blankenburg's. It was a quick trip and a BEAUTIFUL day. Beautiful= blue skies. It was very HOT. Isn't this breathtaking! Justin and I stopped here when we drove out to Boston, the first time, but I enjoyed this time more. It was great to be there with our kids and friends.
This trip we took a voyage on the Maid of the Mist. I was VERY excited. I wanted to get up close and personal, and be where Pam and Jim got married :). It did not disappoint. It was fascinating to be underneath the falls. Not to mention the most grandeur falls can't be seen from the American side observation areas. I don't have too great of pictures because it was wet and I didn't want my camera to feel the effects.

The tour was cool because they talked about the people who have gone over the falls. The first was a school teacher (probably either gone crazy or doing a science experiment-or both) who went over in a barrel in the '70's. The second story they told was about a 7 year old boy who went over just in a basic life jacket and LIVED. Crazy.

Remember how I said it was really hot? Well here is Lyla sucking water off of Justin's poncho. I was hoping she'd share a little with me!
A beautiful rainbow created by the spray at the bottom :)

Getting a closer look at the falls.
Lyla wanted a peek too :)
On our way back to the cars we had lunch at an Indian food buffet. I never in my life thought I would say this, but it was delicious! I had 2 plates full.

If you get the chance to visit Niagra Falls I would definitely encourage you to take it! It is a beautiful natural wonder of the world!


Comments

Popular Posts