6 Months!

It has got to be hard work being this cute!

Seriously though, Lyla is a whopping 6 months old. I can't believe it. She is 15 .05 pounds, and 25 inches. That puts her right at the 50% for both height and weight.

She has conquered rolling over from her back to her belly, but not vice versa. This causes much frustration for her. Patience is a virtue she is still working on.

She sits up all on her own now and I will usually sit her in front of a basket of toys that she likes to dig through. Her favorite toys are plastic Easter eggs, a Baby Einstein ball, doggy crinkly chew toy, and a plastic book. She also enjoys sitting in her room while Emily is playing with her animals.

She LOVES to take a bath. She will splash forever if I let her. Her water is always cold by the time I take her out, but she gets more upset that she has to get out. She also LOVES going for walks in the stroller. I try to go out every day now that the weather is better, and she just settles in and enjoys the ride. She also LOVES swinging at the park. She just the biggest smile when I push the initial push.

She is so close to crawling. She will push herself into a pushup position, then lower her knees so she is on her hands and knees and then gets frustrated that she can't move that she falls down and cries. It's a pretty cute little process. What I love the most is that I can see her brain working. She knows there is something that she wants just out of reach. She also knows that there is a way for her to move her body to get it. She just hasn't figured that part out yet. I love these little smarty pants brains.

Noises besides crying include- bababababa..., grunts, she will suck on her bottom lip and it makes a little slurping type noise, and if she is really happy, she will open her mouth really wide and pant like a little puppy.

I could go on and on. I love this little girl so much. There is nothing more soothing and wonderful than her smiles and cuddles. I just wish she would get the sleeping thing down pat....

Love ya Lyla.

Comments

Us Bailey's said…
How cute! I hope our Lilah is just as cute as your Lyla! Thanks for your comment too. I think you guys were the only opinion that I cared about! This baby just decided when it was coming into this world and what she needs to be named. Kinda funny when you feel like you have not choice in the matter!;)! I hope all is going well for you guys! I love seeing all the updates on your cute girls!

Popular Posts