Easter Week


Emily LOVES holidays. Seriously LOVES them. She gets really excited, so it is really fun to come up with lots of things to do for her. The week before Easter she had off of school and Aunt Camille was here to play, so we took full advantage. I am pretty sure we died eggs at least 3 times. The dollar store is a gold mine for children like mine. We picked up a few crafts there to do also. Here are some of our adventures.

First we went to see the Easter bunny. The picture is crummy because they would only let you use your own camera if you bought one of there's also (starting at $10- no thanks). So I snuck a picture with my phone... oops.
My mom sent her a bunny pancake mold, so we had bunny pancakes all week. Emily loves it and is grumpy in this picture because I made her stop and take a picture instead of just diving in to the peanut butter goodness.
One of our crafts was making these animal eggs. I got a little ahead of myself and decided I wanted to hollow these eggs out and keep the cute little animals forever. The process ended up taking me half the day, when really it should not take that long. Oh well. They're cute. Who knows if they will really last forever, but it was fun.
After this picture, my camera lens broke, so this picture represents a lot. Emily is filling eggs for an easter egg hunt. The Saturday before Easter was a rainy mess, so we hid the eggs inside some of our friends' home. It was pretty amazing how much fun they had running around just finding eggs, not caring that there was candy inside of them.
Here is little Emily with her Easter basket on Easter morning. I LOVE Easter baskets. First I love the actual basket. I found the cutest ones for my girls and I love getting them out every year. Then I love thinking about what to put in them. This year Emily got an activity book for church, a pink skirt, shoes, and a few pieces of candy.
You are right, I am forgetting my other little girl- Lyla. She had a fabulous Easter also. One of her new found loves is playing with plastic eggs. After I cleaned all of the Easter decorations up, I left a few eggs out in her toy basket.

Lyla too was delivered an Easter basket. Hers had a new dress, a cd of lullabies, and a sweater I knitted her (there is going to be a whole post on that coming up).


Of course daddy and mommy weren't forgotten either. Daddy got a gardening book, new tie, new belt, and some of his favorite goodies (jelly bellies). I didn't take a picture of mine, but it included the much anticipated Our Best Bites cookbook. I LOVE it. I LOVE it.

We had a lovely Easter week at our house. Can't wait for next year :)

Comments

Popular Posts