Christmas Morning

Christmas as a child is magical. Christmas as an adult is awesome. Christmas with a child is unbelievable. It is so much fun to watch them get so excited. I love it. This year started off a little rough with a grumpy girl, but quickly turned good. Emily was so excited as she opened her presents. She received a combination of all of her favorite things. Princess, books, animals, clothes (okay, so that's my favorite thing... but you know, someday...) and of course "play" toys. I love it.

The other great thing about Christmas is the food. I love food. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Delicious. Not to jump ahead in posts, but we had the BEST set up anyone could ask for as far as food goes. We had Christmas Lunch with the Pobst family consisting of delicious prime rib. Christmas Dinner was with the Van Dusen family also consisting of delicious prime rib (and prime rib sandwich for lunch the next day). The day after Christmas Dinner at Grandma Connie's house ALSO consisting of delicious prime rib. I LOVE prime rib, so I was in FOOD heaven. Anyways.. back to Christmas morning....

While eating breakfast, we look outside and see that Santa is getting his morning exercise! Emily went out and told Santa "Thank you" for all my presents.


I can't write about Christmas morning without mentioning our great phone call with Camille. My sister is serving an 18 month mission for our church in Paris, France. Although she sounded just a wee bit homesick, she is doing wonderful. The language is coming along and she really enjoys teaching and interacting with people. We really love her, miss her, and are extremely proud of the work she is doing.

Comments

Popular Posts