Professional Oath Ceremony

This past week has been Justin's orientation for school. The week ended with a ceremony where all of the students took an oath of professionalism and received a school pin. I took my camera, but of course it was out of battery. Anyways, it was really good to see everyone and to listen to the Dean a faculty member welcome them into the Boston University family.

In the meantime while all of this official stuff is going on, I am wrestling with Emily trying to keep her quiet. I brought several books, stickers, coloring book, and stuffed animals to keep her entertained, but she was still restless. I knew it would be like that so I sat close to the back door in case I needed to sneak out. Well there was a nice lady sitting next to me who very patiently helped play with Emily during the entire thing. She had introduced herself as Kathy, and asked a lot of questions about Justin and I, but didn't offer very much information about herself. At the very end of the Dean's speech he said he and his wife- Kathy- wanted to meet everyone at the reception. Kathy happened to be helping me with my baby. So at dinner she brought her husband over to Justin and I's table to introduce him to Emily and I and meet Justin. I thought it was very fun to meet her right away on such a personal level.

Now we are back home, still unpacking. So much fun...

Comments

I'm glad you got some help from the Dean's wife. I'm glad she turned out to be nice and not crabby!

Thus begins your Dental School adventures! Good luck with everything Justin!

-Lindsey

Popular Posts