Hello From Boston

Here's a recap of our trip from coast to coast!!!

*So two Sunday's ago Justin and I packed up our car from California and headed to Arizona where we swam and mentally prepared for the long journey ahead.

*On Saturday the 14th (I think) Justin and I started the long trek across the country.

Day 1: Phoenix- Colorado Springs. We had fun visiting with my sweet friends Stefani and Dan who are about to have a baby. It was so fun to see them and giggle with Stef again! I forgot how much we giggled when we got together!Justin in front a sign to see a meteor. We were going to see it, but decided we didn't want to pay $15/person to see it. Maybe next time.

Day 2: Colorado Springs- St. Louis. LONG day! We went through Kansas and Missouri that day. If you ever have the desire to go on a vacation and see a lot of museums, then Kansas is the place. I felt like there were more museums than people there. We've always heard that through Kansas is a very boring drive, but we found it pretty interesting.

Day 3: St. Louis- Eerie PA. Another LONG day! Not to mention we stayed in the ultimate ghetto hotel. Good thing we had a sense of humor. Nothing else really to report about that day.

Day 4: Eerie, PA- Boston. Today we made a few stops. First we went to Niagra Falls. They were SO beautiful! At Niagra Falls

Then we went to Palmyra and visited the home of Joseph Smith, the Sacred Grove, and the Hill Cumorah. I've never really visited church sites before, but after visiting here I wished we stopped at all of them along the way! It was such a wonderful experience. Sometime in the next few years we will go to the Hill Cumorah pageant.
In front of the Sacred Grove, by the Smith Family barn.
The log cabin where the Angel Moroni visited Joseph Smith.
Giant scriptures in front of the Hill Cumorah

We rolled into Boston around 9 o'clock p.m. and desperately tried to find our new home. Boston is a maze! I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find our house. We finally found it, grabbed a bite to eat at the pizza place on the corner, bought an air mattress at Target and moved in! There were no blinds on the windows so we spent our first night in our new home on the floor in the kitchen because that is where there is the least amount of windows viewable from people outside.

Our first day in Boston was filled with getting lost, getting lost, getting lost, and then getting lost again. Going anywhere was frustrating. We went to pick my Mom up at the airport, because she is SO WONDERFUL and flew Emily out to us so we wouldn't have to drive her across the country. Biggest BLESSING ever! It was hard to be away from our baby for so long, and it was especially sweet to see her get shy when she saw us. Too cute!

The next few days were filled with hanging out and waiting for the moving company to bring our things. They finally showed up yesterday (Saturday) and now we have a house full of boxes! I have no idea how we (well pretty much I) have accumulated so much STUFF in the past three years. Anyways, unpacking is sssooo much fun-not. But at least we don't have to move again for a while.

Saturday night we went to downtown Boston to check out the Freedom Trail. Sadly enough, we quickly became bored with that and watched street dancers and played in the fountain instead. There was a farmers market going on and I wanted a little carton of strawberries to eat while Emily played. Since it was the end of the day the seller sold me an entire case ( 1 case=8 cartons) of delicious strawberries for $1. I then got a case of pineapple, mango, plums, and little baby oranges all for $1 a case as well. We've been chowing down ever since and it is DELICIOUS! The best $6 I've ever spent on fruit!

We went to church today and really enjoyed our ward. There are zillions of kids and everyone seems very friendly. We are excited to be here for the next few years!

Justin starts school tomorrow- YAY!!! And I will continue to unpack boxes, fun!

Comments

Keith and Nicci said…
Good luck with everything! I'm so glad you guys got to enjoy the trip out a little by seeing so many cool things!
Us Bailey's said…
Sounds like you had quite the trip! Glad you got there safe and had a fun time too. I'm sure you will find your way around Boston like a pro sooner than later! Good luck unpacking - (I'm still not done!)
Karolyn said…
Sounds like a fun journey across the nation! How exciting to be starting this new phase of life! Good luck with figuring out Boston-it is such a fun city!
Kristin said…
How noce to do the trp sans baby. It looks/sounds like you had fun making your way east. If I was there I'd totally help you unpack...LUV that kind of stuff!

Miss you guys!
I'm glad you made it! Three cheers for your mom flying Emily out to you! I'm glad you didn't pay $15 to see a meteor.

Oh, that reminds me (how?? I have no idea?) I found the pages from our quote notebook in my stuff the other day when we were cleaning out our apt to prepare for the baby. They are very funny and I am going to have to send them to you someday!
-Lindsey
Jenna said…
Sounds fun! We just went through all that too, so I know how you're feeling. Unpacking is so not fun, but it's the best feeling when you're done and the house feels like a home.
socal smitties said…
you rock! i saw your location on mapfinder - how fun to be close to the reservoir - you could walk around it - i use to run around it..not quite like RSM lake but an outdoor fun thing- plus you are pretty close to brattle street. way to get cheap fruit! i miss those days! how fun.
Stef said…
Glad the trip went well and that we could be a part of it! We had such a good time visiting, and giggling, with you guys!! Hope Boston treats you well!!

Popular Posts