Rockport

A couple weeks ago my best friend and cousin (1 person) came to Boston to visit. She brought her 1 year old daughter Stella, but left her toddler home with Grandma. Thanks Susan!! 

This post is about our day trip to Rockport, MA. I was first introduced to Rockport as I ran through it in my half marathon a few months ago. It looked like a charming town and Heather would be the perfect friend to explore it with. 

First, we checked out the little harbor. Emily was hamming it up posing her normal picture poses. Our fellow tourists (elderly people) got a huge kick out of her. To me it's normal, but they thought she was hilarious. 

Little Stella was such a good sport. She was tucked in comfy in the back seat :).

One of our first stops was to a local candy shop. Isn't this boat of salt water taffy dreamy!! We came back later for some yummy treats. 

"Way Too Old Boat Ramp" 
I feel like most things in Mass should be labeled Way too old ____

Our gorgeous travel mates

One of the many cool houses/shop

We ate lunch at the Roy Moore Lobster shack. For me this was a dream. It is what I feel like should be all over New England. It was this little hole in the wall restaurant that was not much to look at. 
Inside was a pen that held tons of lobsters (caught that morning). The workers had fun pulling then out and pretending to "get" Emily and Lyla. So you order a lobster, they pull on out and boil it for you. Pretty cheap too. I think we had 2 lobsters (1 each), clam chowder for the girls, fish cakes, and stuff clams. All for less than $20. The stuffed clams were definitely the best. 


I get a little skeeved out eating lobster, but it was pretty good dipped in lots of butter- especially the claw. 

Here are a few of the other store fronts. I particularly love the ice cream store. 

 We stopped in a fudge shop that was in the movie The Proposal! Well, Saundra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds walk by it. Anyways, I thought this Elephant Ears sign was pretty cute.
 Making their fudge
 This is how we roll. 
 Me and my sweetsies. 

Comments

Popular Posts