4 Month Old Lyla

Our Lyla is 4 months old! (Actually closer to 4.5, but that's how it goes). We still love her to pieces. At her appointment she was 14 pounds and 21 (?) inches- I think I need to double check that. It seems like with Lyla, I don't really pay too much attention to the actual numbers. They just don't seem to matter as much. However, here is the important stuff :)

Lyla is a smiler! Check out this gorgeous gummy grin. I love that a major part of my day is making sure this little girl is happy. She is starting to giggle which is music to my ears. I know Lyla loves me (Allison), but this girl is IN LOVE with her daddy. I will usually be holding her and she will smile, laugh, coo, and give Justin the stare down until he pays attention to her. Then, if he so much looks away from her, she gets mad at him.

Next in line, this little girl LOVES her sister. She will follow Emily around with her eyes and just gawk! Emily can make her smile, laugh, and just be happy. I love when I walk into the living room and find Emily snuggled up next to Lyla or holding her hand. It is so precious to watch Lyla staring at Emily with a sweet little smile on her face. My theory is that they were best friends in heaven, and Lyla can still remember.
Until last week, we were having an issue with getting this little cutie pie to sleep. I will take the inital blame. I loved rocking Lyla to sleep and while she slept. As a mother, those were some of my most tender moments with her. What were not tender moments were 1 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m., every night Lyla waking up. Finally last week, after 4 months of only a handful of decent nights (meaning more than 4 hours of sleep at one time), I cracked open my copy of BabyWise and re-read nearly the entire thing. I knew something had to be done. We made only a few minor adjustments and within a week Lyla has been sleeping like a champ. Last night was 9 hours. Since she has been sleeping better during the night, she is much more content during the day. She will lay down and play with her toes, or hang out in one of the many baby holding devices. I am a much happier/rested mamma so it is a win win win win win all around.

This picture below captures Lyla doing a cute little pose. She loves to play with her toes. I think this is adorable. Sometimes I'll stick her little toes in her mouth and that makes her crack up. Lyla really enjoys her baby toys. She has fully grasped (pun) the concept of grabbing toys and reaching for things. She enjoys her toys that rattle and even more the ones that she can chew on. Still, her favorite item to chew on is my thumb. She is starting to respond to games like peek-a-boo and I am sure she will be sitting up like a champ any day now. We have to strap her in to her infant chair, because we have had several close calls where she will be laid back, but will pull herself up and nearly tumble forward out of the seat.

Since the weather has been awful since her birth, we have only recently ventured out for a few walks. She really enjoys sitting in her the stroller. No crying, squirming, or even sleeping. She just relaxes and enjoys the smooth ride.
4 months later, we are grateful every single day for this beautiful little girl who fills our lives with love, happiness, smiles, and purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts