Spring Has Sprung

This week has been a beautiful week to ring in spring. Granted in southern California there isn't much distinction between winter and spring, but lately it has just felt more like spring time. To celebrate the season this week was full of spring things. 

1. Sugar cookie enrichment. A lady in our ward taught us how to bake and decorate sugar cookies. It was a fun night full of giggles, burnt cookies, delicious cookies, pretty cookies, and cookies that fell apart. We had a good time and luckily came home with a few "pretty" cookies. They tasted delicious too. 

2. For playgroup this week I hosted an Easter Egg Hunt. It was lots of fun too. I took 3 pictures because I was busy chatting. (Funny how that happens). Anyways, there was a great turn out and the kids seemed to have a good time. Here is Emily picking up an egg, not quite sure what to think of it. It eventually made it into her basket. Christi and my friend Jeni came too. It was great to see them. Check out Jeni's blog (Jeni & Jason) to her fabulous pictures from the day. 


3. There are no pictures for the next two things. Justin and I have started an exercise program to prepare ourselves for summer. It's been fun. We've lasted almost a whole week which is record for the two of us together. We seem to go through spurts, but hopefully doing it together will motivate us to stick with it.

4. Lastly, I have been  busy making Emily an Easter dress. I've kind of always wanted to sew her a pretty dress and I thought this would be a good opportunity. When it is completely finished I will post a picture. I don't usually brag about things that I make, but I will say it is SO CUTE!! 

I am so happy spring is here and summer is just around the corner!! Woo hoo!!

Comments

Popular Posts