Life with Lyla

We have now had our sweet little Lyla with us for about 5 1/2 weeks. I can't believe how fast time flies. In the few weeks we've spent getting to know our little one I'm amazed at how much of a personality they come with, even at this tiny size. Like all babies, Lyla will sleep pretty much all day if we let her. However, if we give her attention by talking to her she will (and has since the beginning) focus on us and react as much as she can. As soon as we quit talking to her she zonks right back out.

One of her recent "tricks" that totally bewilders me is I will have Emily sit next to me and we will say, "Lyla, Lyla, find Emily. Where's Emily Lyla?" and Lyla will look around until she focuses on Emily. Then we will repeat it with "Where's Mommy?" or "Where's Daddy?" and she finds whoever we're talking about!

Our Lyla loves, loves, loves to be held! She is the ultimate snuggler. From day 1 if we held her upright against our chest she would instantly calm down and fall asleep. Sometimes her daddy holds her on his chest and they nap together. It's probably the best part of the day for her. They sleep for hours together. Yesterday after Justin left for school I pulled Lyla into bed with me and we snuggled for a while. I had flashbacks of laying with Emily for hours and hours when she was little. It made me want to do the same with Lyla, so I've been trying to remind myself to "slow down" and just love my baby.

Every day I look at Lyla and Emily and smile. I can't believe how blessed I am. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for these two amazing girls who have me completely smitten!

Comments

Popular Posts