A busy Friday!

Last Friday was a LONG day. Emily and I started early at 9:30 and drove down to San Diego, which is about an hour away. Our first stop was Sea World. We went there a few months ago and I thought Emily would really like the animals. While she was great, I don't really feel like she understood a lot of what was going on. She still loves animals so I took her back again. This time was a little different. When we went through the penguin exhibit she would point and laugh and try to reach to the glass. It was so fun, we rode the little conveyer belt 3 or 4 times. The shark exhibit was similar. She would point at a shark and watch it swim around. There is also an observation wall where you can stand by the glass and look straight into it at the sharks and there was also one for dolphins. She watched and got a kick out of them swim around for a while.

The highlight of this trip though was seeing the giant Elmo. I do not know what it is about that little red creature, but Emily digs him. She watches the Elmo's world segment completely mesmerized every single day. So when she saw this creature moving around in front of her, it was almost too much for her to handle. She kicked her legs and squealed with excitement. She kept petting him like a puppy. It was pretty fun. Then when we saw Big Bird, she really didn't care too much for him, and only wanted Elmo back. 

Sea World wins for having the BEST kids play area. There is a place for even the tiniest of tots to play. The above picture is Emily playing with a cushion in the Bay Of Play. It is just a mass area of lots of little babies scooting around. I think Emily thought she was dreaming at first because she just sat there with a plastered grin on her face for a few minutes before she started crawling all over the place. 
I had to have her pose for me in the garden area. Isn't she so pretty? She is a little champ for sitting still for me too- that is a very rare occurrence. 

SO- long day continued. Then we went to my friend Jeni's house (see Jason & Jeni link on the right). Emily and Connely played and giggled all afternoon. I wish we lived closer to them because those kids really have fun together. I can't believe it, but I didn't take a picture of them. Just imagine too little kids giggling together, that was them. Too fun.

THEN Jeni and I went to the San Diego temple to meet up with my friend Kathleen from Phoenix. She had her daughter Amy with her. Kathleen was my Mia Maid advisor and a great friend of my mom's. As I've grown up Kathleen has stayed great friends with my mom and with me. It was really fun to visit with her and to meet Amy. Of course I left my camera in the car for this visit- sheesh. 

About 6:30 I started my trip home arriving home at 7:30ish. We were exhausted. I love fun friend filled days! 

Comments

Kassi said…
I know what you mean about Elmo! When I first started working for this family, the little girl I nanny for was 18 months. All she would watch was Elmo's World. She called him "LaLa" because she song is like "La la la la Elmo's World!"...Anyway, I feel you, lol :)
camille & coryn said…
I told you I didn't like the sounds of the shark tank...I hope she isn't scarred for life...
L said…
I can't get over how cute Emily is!!! She is so precious!!!

Sounds like you had such a fun day! I can't wait for a little girl!!!
Us Bailey's said…
Ahhh! Emily is getting sooo big! Very cute! Is she walking yet? Joel just took his first steps -- finally! Can't wait for more pictures!!!

Popular Posts